Regular Dental Exam and Checkup Expectations
Generally speaking, all patients can expect most of the following procedures during a six-month checkup:
- Initial evaluation-An overall review of your teeth, gums, cheeks, tongue and palette to immediately see if anything is abnormal.
- A current set of x-rays- To give us the ability to monitor the health and condition of your teeth and jawbone below the gum line. This identifies any root decay. It will also identify tumors, cysts and abnormal growths. The x-rays are crucial in building an oral history of your mouth as you age.
- Existing Restorations- With specialized tools we will inspect restorations; like fillings, crowns and other tooth replacements or restorations for conditioning.
- Oral Cancer Screening- a close scrutinization of tissues looking for any signs of cancer that would need to be investigated further.
- Surface Deposits- We would work to remove any deposits or stains on the surface of the tooth.
- Teeth Cleaning- The best part of the dental exam and checkup. We will scale all of your teeth removing damaging plaque that has stuck to your teeth. We will work on the hard to reach areas in the back of your mouth and the surfaces between teeth.
- Deep Cleaning-If we see the onset of any gum disease the scaling may need to go below the gum line to remove the plaque that is infecting the soft tissue.
- Fluoride Treatment- We will determine together if you would benefit from this simple and quick treatment.
- Self-care demonstration- By the condition of either your teeth or gums we will be able to make suggestions on how you can either introduce or improve some of your hygiene habits at home. For example, you brush well but are not fond of flossing so we can see the additional plaque between the teeth. We can suggest other small tools to use instead.
Scheduling your Evaluation and Checkup today
Making that phone call today to schedule your evaluation and consultation for your dental exam and checkup is the next step. Call 815-939-2520 now or visit our office at 498 Brown Blvd., Bourbonnias, IL 60914. The staff at Bourbonnias Family Dental all very patient, are terrific listeners and love to please all ages. You’ll be comfortable in our engaging environment. We are all dedicated to ensuring that you will totally understand our preventive plan that we have formulated together and that you will be confident that you will be receiving the highest quality specialized dental care to meet your individual needs. Our gratification is seeing your smile remain healthy and confident. Your smile is priceless. It is the foundation for whom you are. It plays a huge role in self-confidence and self-esteem. Scheduling a regular evaluation and checkup maintains the value in that smile.