The Procedure involved with being fit for Dentures
- After our consultation and decision together, x-rays will start the formal process.
- An impression is made of your gums and any remaining teeth and sent to a dental lab.
- Any final extractions need to be completed.
- Now wax rims will be used to measure your bite.
- Your teeth will be fabricated to your approved shape, shade and size.
- You will wear a temporary set of dentures while yours are being completed at the lab.
- When finished we will schedule your final fitting.
- We will show you how to use the adhesive to hold the dentures in place.
- You will continue to schedule regular follow-up appointments to monitor ongoing fit, comfort and wear.
The Proper Care of your new Dentures and Maintaining Good Oral Hygiene Habits
It was a painless experience to regain your smile and the self-confidence that comes with that smile. Now you need to play your role in keeping it that way. Dentures are designed to be worn every day and removed every evening. You might go through a period of adjustment with biting, chewing and speaking and we can always check the fit if you are feeling any discomfort. It may take you several weeks to even several months to become totally
Proper care results in a longer life expectancy:
- Consider removing your dentures after eating when possible and rinse with water.
- Be very careful handling your dentures when cleaning.
- When you have removed your dentures brush your tongue, your palate, gums and cheeks with a soft-bristled toothbrush.
- You mush soak your dentures every night when they are out to avoid them drying out.
- Rinse them again when putting them back in.
- It’s difficult to say how long your dentures will last. Your care is the foundation, but so is your health. With aging your mouth and gums will naturally change possibly necessitating a refit, a remake, a reline or a rebase. All are options depending on the condition of your dentures.
Bourbonnais Family Dental
Schedule your Evaluation now
Making that phone call today to schedule your evaluation and consultation is the next step if you want to research dentures. We can begin with the proper fitting procedure together to get your natural smile back pain-free and your quality of life that comes with it. We can restore functionality, improve the aesthetics of your smile and bring back your self-confidence. Call 815-939-2520 now or visit our office at 498 Brown Blvd., Bourbonnias, IL 60914. The staff at Bourbonnias Family Dental all are terrific listeners and love to please our patients. You’ll be comfortable in our engaging environment. We are all dedicated to ensuring that you totally understand our plan that we have formulated together and that you will be confident that you will be receiving the highest quality specialized dental care to meet your individual needs. Our gratification is seeing your smile transform. Dentures are about the smile, the return of self-confidence and self-esteem, and the quality of life you deserve.