The Procedure of getting Implant Supported Dentures
A thorough examination and consultation begins the process. Looking back at your oral history and then reviewing new x-rays will allow us to make an educated and well-informed decision together. Then on your first appointment we will create a temporary set of dentures for you to wear through the implant process. Then we will administer a local anesthetic, make the incisions in the gum where the implant will be placed, drill a small hole in the jawbone and place the titanium post into the jaw. The incision is sutured closed and you go home using your temporary dentures. We are now waiting for several months for the post to fuse to the bone. Once we have determined this has been done successfully, we will add extensions or abutments to the posts which will break the surface of your gums. Your permanent dentures were fabricated during this time and they will sit right on to those posts. You now have a fantastic set of natural looking artificial teeth that with proper care can last you quite some time.
The Benefits of the Implant Supported Dentures
- Stability-Not only do you not need to use adhesive every day, but they will be more stable in your mouth through all your daily activities.
- Speech- You will also find it easier to speak with no anxiety about the dentures becoming loose.
- Eating- They will allow you to eat some foods that you couldn’t before.
- Chewing- Same results with chewing. In fact, you will have a more natural sensation as the implants act as natural teeth roots. The bite is evenly distributed as well.
- Bone Health- Having the implants allows the jawbone to maintain density rather then the possibility of atrophy.
- Muscles-The implants maintain the muscles in your face versus a possible muscle sag.
Smile-Let’s not forget about the self-confidence that it brings back to your smile.
Schedule your Evaluation now
Making that phone call today to schedule your evaluation and consultation is the next step if you want to research implant supported dentures. We can begin with a comprehensive evaluation together to get your old smile back. We can restore functionality, improve the aesthetics of your smile and bring back your self-confidence. Call 815-939-2520 now or visit our office at 498 Brown Blvd., Bourbonnias, IL 60914. The staff at Bourbonnias Family Dental all are terrific listeners and love to please our patients. You’ll be comfortable in our engaging environment. We are all dedicated to ensuring that you totally understand our plan that we have formulated together and that you will be confident that you will be receiving the highest quality specialized dental care to meet your individual needs. Our gratification is seeing your smile transform. This endeavor is about the smile, the return of self-confidence and self-esteem, and the quality of life you deserve.