Symptom to Identify when You are considering a Painless Dentist
Here are some signs prior to your ensuing dental appointment:
- You have trouble sleeping and are tense the night before your dental exam.
- The simple thought of a dental visit makes you feel physically ill.
- You become even more nervous while you are sitting in the waiting room.
- You find yourself having difficulty breathing and feel like panicing when dental objects are placed in your mouth during an examination or a procedure.
If any of these signs describe you then those feelings need to be shared with our painless dentist, Dr. Dolbov. We will address how we can change the way you will be treated by introducing you to sedation dentistry.
Painless Dentistry or Sedation Dentistry
Introducing sedation to your dental visit is perfectly safe. New techniques continue to expand our applications. We can now include sedation for something as simple as teeth cleaning. The methods of administration are:
- Inhaled- laughing gas, or nitrous oxide, is carefully administered through a breathing mask. With this method you can actually drive yourself home after your visit.
- Oral- This offers a variety of levels of strength when it comes to the results. You may be so groggy that you will fall asleep during the procedure.
- IV- For immediate results we can administer through an IV drip. We can monitor and adjust the dosage throughout the procedure with this method.
These different methods can give us these different levels of sedation.
- Minimal-You stay awake but are calm through the procedure.
- Moderate- You are still awake but not fully aware of what is going on.
- Deep- You are considered awake but with minimal consciousness.
- General Anesthesia- This is when you are completely unconscious.
Scheduling an Evaluation today
Making that phone call today to schedule your evaluation and to discuss your dental anxiety with us. Avoiding the dentist is not really a viable option. Call 815-939-2520 now or visit our office at 498 Brown Blvd., Bourbonnias, IL 60914. The staff at Bourbonnias Family Dental all are terrific listeners and love to please our patients. You’ll be comfortable and relaxed in our engaging environment. We are all dedicated to understanding your feelings and we will work through those anxieties or phobias together. We want to earn your trust and your confidence that you will be receiving the highest quality painless dental care to meet your individual needs. Our gratification is seeing you smile at the conclusion of the procedure. We want to help you establish a value for your smile and then to help you maintain that value. Such a simple factor that has such huge implications when it comes to your personality. Make an appointment today to meet our Painless Dentist, Dr. Dolgov.