Common Procedures that help with the Smile Design Process
Once we have completed our evaluation and any health-related procedures, we can embark on our smile design plan. The following procedures are all very common in addressing different issues related to your smile. Your plan may include just one procedure or a combination of several.
- Teeth Whitening-The most common of the procedures most everyone that comes into our office can benefit from this simple practice. The culprit might be coffee, tea, colas, red wine or your love for berries. It might be that you smoke. Over time the teeth naturally will discolor or stain. Until you improve the shade of white you will not be aware of the dramatic difference this can make with your smile.
- Porcelain Crowns- There may be one tooth in your smile that still needs help. A porcelain crown is a fabricated shield or cap that covers all four sides of the tooth. The shade can match your natural teeth and can cover up cracks, chips or broken teeth.
- Porcelain Veneers- A very popular procedure, the porcelain is again a micro thin shield that is bonded to just the front of the tooth. They will cover all imperfections in the tooth and are strong and durable. Most often more than one veneer is the design solution for consistency in the smile.
- Composite Veneers- We can apply a putty-like plastic resin on the front of a tooth or several teeth. We can shape, mold and sculpt this resin prior to curing and hardening it and smoothing it. Not as strong as porcelain but an easier way to cover up a crack or chip. In fact, this method works well in closing a gap between two teeth.
- Dental Bridge- A traditional method to fill a gap from a missing tooth. A pontic, or artificial tooth, is suspended in that gap and anchored by a neighboring tooth or the teeth on each side of the gap.
- Dental Implants-The best way available today to replace a missing tooth. By implanting a titanium post into the jaw, allowing that post to fuse to the bone, and then placing a porcelain or ceramic crown on the top, it will look totally natural when finished.
- Orthodontics- Still the best way to address any crooked teeth. Today there are various methods of applying pressures in moving teeth.
Scheduling an Evaluation today
Make the phone call today to schedule your evaluation and consultation. If you are unhappy with your smile lets address the possibility of developing a smile design together to get your old smile back and your quality of life that comes with it. We can restore functionality, improve the aesthetics of your smile and bring back your self-confidence. Call 815-939-2520 now or visit our office at 498 Brown Blvd., Bourbonnias, IL 60914. The staff at Bourbonnias Family Dental all are terrific listeners and love to please our patients. You’ll be comfortable in our engaging environment. We are all dedicated to ensuring that you totally understand the smile design plan that we have formulated together and that you will be confident that you will be receiving high quality specialized cosmetic dental care to meet your individual needs. It is gratifying to see your smile transform.