Examples of Cosmetic Procedures to accomplish a Smile Make-over
We’ll start with a thorough examination of your teeth and gums. We’ll include x-rays as well so we can understand everything there is to know about your teeth, your gums and your smile. We will discuss your goals in having a smile make-over. Following are typical procedures that can help us accomplish that goal. It may take a combination of several to fulfill your objectives.
- Teeth Whitening- A very common procedure today that most everyone that can benefit from. The culprit might be coffee, tea, colas, red wine or your love for berries. It might be that you smoke. Over time the teeth naturally will discolor or stain. Until you improve the shade of white you will not be aware of the dramatic difference this can make with your smile. There are several methods available to accomplish this procedure; anywhere from kits for the home to a professional application at the office. Having it done professionally delivers immediate, controlled results due to the strength of the bleach used versus what is available over the counter.
- Porcelain Crowns- A porcelain crown is a fabricated cap or cover that slips over the tooth protecting the entire tooth. The shade can match your natural teeth and can cover up cracks, chips or broken teeth. The final application looks just like a natural tooth.
- Porcelain Veneers- We will have a dental lab fabricate a micro-thin piece of veneer that we will cement directly to the outside face of your tooth. A good solution for cracks, chips and discoloration.
- Composite Veneers- We can apply a putty-like plastic resin on the front of a tooth or several teeth. This material can be shaped, molded and sculpted prior to curing and hardening it and smoothing it. The composite resin is not as strong as porcelain but an easier way to cover up a crack or chip. We can easily close a gap between two teeth with this method.
- Dental Bridge- This is a traditional method to fill a gap left from a missing tooth. An artificial tooth is suspended in that gap and anchored by a neighboring tooth or the teeth on each side of the gap. The anchoring teeth, or abutment teeth, are crucial to making the bridge be strong and durable.
- Dental Implant-Today these are the best way available to replace a missing tooth. By surgically implanting a titanium post into the jaw, then allowing that post to fuse to the bone, we can place a porcelain or ceramic crown on the top of that extended post and it will look totally natural when finished. This method is the best for overall bone health as well keeping the jawbone healthy.
- Orthodontics- Your natural smile may still include some crooked teeth. We can introduce you to Invisalign and straighten those teeth in 12 to 18 months and never involve metal bands.
Scheduling an Evaluation today
Make the phone call today to schedule your evaluation and consultation. If you are unhappy with your smile lets address the possibility of developing a smile make over together to improve your smile and your quality of life that comes with it. We can improve functionality, improve the aesthetics of your smile and bring back your self-confidence. Call 815-939-2520 now or visit our office at 498 Brown Blvd., Bourbonnias, IL 60914. The staff at Bourbonnias Family Dental all are terrific listeners and love to please our patients. You’ll be comfortable in our engaging environment. We are all dedicated to ensuring that you totally understand the smile make over plan that we have formulated together and that you will be confident that you will be receiving high quality specialized cosmetic dental care to meet your individual needs.